Powered by Blogger.

The Dark Side

I’ve been thinking about expanding my portfolio lately to focus on studio portraits.  I figure it’s time to work on developing a more “commercial look” so I dragged my husband Aaron into my little experiment of creating a style that would have broader appeal.  Needless to say, I failed miserably at my task of creating “happy” “wholesome” portraits that scream American apple pie. 

I constantly find myself selecting and processing images that have a dark, brooding quality to them.  I can’t seem to break away from this particular style.  Everyone says a photograph says a lot about the photographer, and I wonder if my personal nature is much more cynical and darker than I care to admit. 

Or maybe, just maybe, people are really miserable creatures and I'm just capturing what's in their soul.  In Aaron's case, being married to me for ten years would probably dampen your spirits too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP