Powered by Blogger.

Focus on Education

 I photograph a wide variety of things, but what’s most rewarding to me is my work with the nonprofit community.  Photography isn’t necessarily about making beautiful images, but rather documenting the people and the things that we find important, and helping to communicate that value to the rest of the world.  I work with many education based programs, particularly those that target low-income students of color to increase their access to higher education. I believe that an informed mind is one of the most powerful tools to creating a more just and equitable world.  My most recent work, pictured here, was with the Making Waves Education program which provides long-term academic support to high-risk students and their families.  Every year, I photograph the graduating students who have dedicated over six years of their life to the program.  It's flattering to walk into their office in the Mission and see dozens of my portraiture work on their walls.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP