Powered by Blogger.

Smith Rock

I've been to Smith Rock twice in my life, and each time I view the canyon, its beauty always takes my breath away.  Located north of Bend, Oregon, Smith Rock boasts one of the best sport climbing locations on the West Coast.  It's not for the weak of heart, since many of the climbing routes are frighteningly under-bolted.

I was chased out of Squamish, Canada during my vacation due to rain, and sought sanctuary at Smith Rock.  Unfortunately, the storm followed us to Smith where we were bombarded by hail despite the 85 degree weather.  Everyone, including the locals were baffled by the weather pattern.....blue skies one minute, and foreboding storm clouds the next.  Disappointingly, my visit was cut short, but I did manage to find a pause in between the rain to capture this stunning place.


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP