Powered by Blogger.

Overlooked


I printed baby/family photos for a client this morning.....you know, the typical baby laughing, smiling kind of photos which every parent loves.  I always feel a little disappointed when the parent overlooks my personal favorite photo (above).  I totally understand why this image wasn't selected for printing; neither the mother's face nor the child's is showing.  But part of me, deep down, hopes that someone else sees the world the same way I do, and likes the same things I do.  I like quiet, tender moments.  I like highlights and deep shadows.   I like mood.  When the right elements fall into place, I get excited because it carries the potential to create something natural and beautiful...like this unplanned shot which was taken during a break.  Perhaps one day,  my vision of what I consider relevant will overlap with other people's taste. 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP