Powered by Blogger.

Seeking Inspiration



I've heard that when an artist feels uncreative, the best thing to do is go to the museum.  So I dragged myself away from the computer for an afternoon and went seeking inspiration.  My favorite place to view photographic works is 49 Geary, which hosts numerous fine art galleries.  Modernbook Gallery was exhibiting one of my favorite photographers, Fan Ho, who captured stunning images of people in public spaces in Hong Kong in the 1950's and 60's.  Feeling freshly inspired by the exhibit, I went home and dug through my old image files to see if I had any street photos of people worthy of a second look.  I figured, with dramatic post-processing work, I could turn a mediocre photo into something more.  Although this photo I picked will never find a place among the works of great photographers like Fan Ho who doesn't need cheap photoshop tricks, this process has allowed me to renew my interest in seeing, exploring, and experimenting.  I can't decide which image I like more...the color version, or black and white.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP